Berlin Collective presents…..an experimental program run by a group of professionals in the arts, artists, and curators.
Having moved to Berlin 3 years ago, and working as an artist here, you are often struck by how many collectors, art dealers, artists are constantly streaming through Berlin.
About once a week, I receive emails from colleagues, who write, “there is this group coming to Berlin and they would really appreciate you letting them know what is happening this week,” or “I have a friend who is coming to Berlin and would love to visit your studio.” Normally, this would be a big turn off, but I ended up meeting more and more, what I like to call, “referrals”.
Finally, in the warmer months, this just got to be too much and I finally decided that they all had the same general desire to go to galleries, learn about events, and visit artist studios. As I taught in Los Angeles and in NYC for many years, as did my Berlin artist colleagues in Europe, we decided to form an experimental initiative; Berlin Collective, http://berlin-collective.blogspot.com/
This is what we offer:
- - Education: Art schools/Programs/ Small Groups: a week to 10 day course on the Berlin Art Scene, visiting galleries, artist studios, events, and a brief history of the city. This course meets every day at noon, and we teach for 3-4 hours, as an intensive course, have lunch and dinner together 4 times. There is also a day off.
- - Art collectors/enthusiasts/ visitors to Berlin. We bring you to artist studios, with private invitations, galleries, and introduce them to colleagues of interest. This is led by prominent curators based in Berlin.
- - Events: We produce events in Berlin. Teamed up with great location scouts, we find incredible locations for events for magazines, based in the states, companies, small businesses, who would like to do a great event in Berlin, to gather international experience or for increasing PR.
- - Artist Conversations: During an exhibition we invite curators to talk with the artists in the show. This gives the gallery active participants and opportunity for the public to learn more about these artists’ practices.
- - For more information: Check out our blog or email, email@example.com Our rates are very reasonable. We do not organize flights or hotels, but do recommend them. We start when you arrive!
Berlin Collective: http://berlin-collective.blogspot.com/
Follow us on Twitter: BerlinCollectiv